AFC South: Seth Olson
September, 9, 2012
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
We hit the Tennessee Titans inactives in the previous post. Here are some thoughts on some inactives from the other three teams in the division:
- Donnie Avery gets the start for Indianapolis with Austin Collie out. Rookie T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) is also a speedster who isn’t playing. The Colts brought in Avery, a reclamation project, as a guy they thought would help them stretch the field. They’ll need him to show he can today.
- With Colts left guard Joe Reitz out, we’ve already said: Seth Olsen is a major drop-off and could be a major issue.
- While Arian Foster (knee) is active, he could see his role trimmed a bit since the Texans are completely comfortable handing the ball to Ben Tate and Justin Forsett.
- DeVier Posey didn’t make the opening day cut. So the Texans are comfortable with four receivers in Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Keshawn Martin and Lestar Jean. They could use returner Trindon Holliday in a pinch. Holliday's presence could keep Posey from dressing for a while.
- Undrafted rookie Ben Jones can play center or guard, so he’s the interior backup for the Texans. Brandon Brooks, who was competing for right guard during camp, is inactive.
- Jaguars undrafted rookie receiver Kevin Elliott is playing and veteran Brian Robiskie is not. I hope Elliott gets some chances.
- With Daryl Smith out, Kyle Bosworth will start for the Jaguars and undrafted rookie Julian Stanford looks to be the fourth linebacker.
BACK TO TOP