Evening AFC West news and notes
February, 25, 2010
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
The San Diego Union Tribune believes the Chargers will deal cornerback Antonio Cromartie soon. The Chargers have been shopping him recently.
- The Raiders made sure Richard Seymour isn’t going anywhere by putting the exclusive franchise tag on him.
- The Lions may consider pursuing recently released San Diego tailback LaDainian Tomlinson. However, Tomlinson has said he wants to play for a contender, so the Lions may not qualify.
- The San Diego Union Tribune believes Jamal Williams days in San Diego are numbered. He is due a bonus next week.
- ESPN.com’s rumor page thinks the Chiefs could make a run at New Orleans safety Darren Sharper. The Chiefs definitely have a need at the position, but I’m not sure spending the money on Sharper would be worth it. The Chiefs could get help in other areas.
- The Chiefs have hired former Cleveland contract negotiator Trip MacCracken. He will be the Chiefs’ director of football administration. He will work with general manager Scott Pioli in the administrative side. The team also hired Mike Clark as strength and conditioning coach. He was previously with Seattle.