Where the AFC West stands in Pro Bowl voting
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
It extends a few more weeks, but here's a fan voting update on the Pro Bowl. Fan voting accounts for a third of the final tally with players and coaches making up the other two-thirds.
Here are the AFC West players who are currently in the top five at their respective positions:
My take: Rivers fell to fifth place. He'll need help to get in.
3. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers, 307,521
1. Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos, 285,955
My take: Marshall is leading a very strong group.
My take: Last week, Gonzalez was second and Gates was first. But Gonzalez continues to have an outstanding season and he deserves to be first at this point.
5. Nick Hardwick, San Diego Chargers, 76,559
My take: Hardwick could have difficulty making the Pro Bowl this season.
My take: I still say Asomugha should be leading the conference in voting. If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl it would be an injustice.
4. Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland Raiders, 52,294
My take: Denver's Matt Prater fell out of the top five. He has missed half of his last 10 attempts so he deserved to fall.
1. Shane Lechler, Oakland Raiders, 66,391
My take: Lechler routinely represents the Raiders in the Pro Bowl and it wouldn't be a shock if he makes it again.
1. Darren Sproles, San Diego Chargers, 88,985
5. Eddie Royal, Denver Broncos, 43,358
My take: Sproles is a star and he deserves to go to Hawaii but the Jets' Leon Washington will challenge him.