- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Our AFC West position-by-position rankings continue. We are looking at the tight ends Monday. The position is strong in the division.
1. Antonio Gates, San Diego: Gates is one of the best tight ends in football. He helps make San Diego’s offense special. He turns 30 soon, but he is still in his prime. He had a career high 1,157 yards last season. He’s outstanding.
2. Zach Miller, Oakland: I really like this player. He is one of Oakland’s better players. Miller is so talented even JaMarcus Russell succeeded with him. Miller was Russell’s favorite target. With a better quarterback in Jason Campbell, Miller should be even more dangerous. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made the Pro Bowl this season.
3. Daniel Graham, Denver: Graham is a favorite of many NFL scouts. He is a fine blocker and he is a smart player. He will not wow you with big offensive numbers, but he is a key component to Denver’s offense.
4. Tony Moeaki, Kansas City: The third-round draft choice from Iowa is an intriguing player. He looked good at the Chiefs’ rookie minicamp. He can stretch the field and he has good hands. Historically, Chiefs coach Todd Haley hasn’t use the tight end much in the passing game. But the Chiefs used a quality pick on Moeaki. They clearly plan to use him. He should give the Chiefs’ offense a new dimension.
7hEric D. Williams
1dEric D. Williams