AFC West notes
November, 18, 2010
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
A few AFC West notes on a busy Thursday:
- Oakland coach Tom Cable reportedly wouldn’t go on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL” because he didn’t want to go on the show with former Raider Warren Sapp. Sapp has been very critical of Cable and the Raiders in the past. It’s Cable’s right to not want to talk someone.
- Oakland running back Darren McFadden believes the Raiders aren’t be taken seriously enough after its 5-4 start. If the Raiders can beat Pittsburgh on Sunday, that perception could change. Meanwhile, the Football Outsiders have some statistical keys to the Raiders’ game at Pittsburgh.
- Oakland receiver Chaz Schilens is still trying to come back from a knee injury. With seven weeks remaining in the season, it may not be premature to wonder if Schilens will miss the entire season, but it is premature to rule him out.
- After his best NFL game to date, Denver rookie Tim Tebow has climbed atop ESPN.com’s Page 2 backup quarterback rankings.
- The Chiefs added linebacker Eric Bakhtiari. Among his previous stops was San Diego’s practice squad in 2008.