Evening AFC West notes
March, 31, 2011
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Check out Jeffri Chadida’s story on Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller on ESPN.com. Interesting kid. Miller agrees with scouts that he can play in any defensive scheme. He is a candidate to be taken by Denver at No. 2.
- On ESPN.com, Johnette Howard has a funny look at the “wild side” of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, who’s prancing around your television set in his Jockey’s.
- Former Kansas City running back Larry Johnson doesn’t think he’d get a fair trial in the city because he thinks he is disliked there.
- The NFL has reinstated the Lions’ seventh-round pick as part of their appeal of a tampering case involving the Chiefs. The Chiefs and Lions will still swap fifth-round picks next month. The Chiefs now have the ninth pick in the round, while the Lions will pick 23rd.
- North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn had a strong pro day. He’ll likely be picked in No. 5-10 range, but he likely won’t be considered by the Broncos with the No. 2 pick.
- LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson is being implicated in a high school-recruiting scandal. Don’t expect that to have any bearing on his draft status. Denver could take Peterson.
- The Broncos reportedly worked out Miami cornerback Brandon Harris. He will likely be a second-round prospect.