Around the AFC West: Only one No. 7 in Colorado
July, 2, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Denver Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups readily admits there is only one No. 7 in Colorado. But after paying tribute to former Broncos quarterback John Elway, Billups will wear No. 1 for the Nuggets next season.
- Several Broncos players are taking the chance to give something back to the community in the form of football camps this summer.
Kansas City Chiefs
- The Kansas City Star examines the Chiefs' receiving corps heading into training camp.
- San Diego cornerback Antonio Cromartie wasn't afraid to share what he thinks about the Chiefs' passing attack in a recent online chat.
- The Press Democrat had this to say about the Raiders coming in at No. 116 in ESPN The Magazine's Ultimate Standings: "... whether you agree with No. 116 or not, it's another sad indication of how far this franchise has sunk in the popular perception. People used to love the Raiders or hate them for their arrogant power. Now they are mostly ridiculed or dismissed entirely."
San Diego Chargers
- Citing safety concerns at Chargers Park, the Chargers' training camp will be closed to the public.