Around the AFC West: Davis fed S.D.-Oak. rivalry
July, 14, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- The Buccaneers released former Broncos signal-caller Brian Griese on Monday.
- Wayne Rudy, who spent 24 years with the Chiefs as athletic trainer, died at his home in Katy, Texas. He was 88.
- The Red Zone blog has identified five underrated Chiefs for next season.
- Red Zone also grades the Chiefs at quarterback and the position looks to be above average.
- The Raiders cut loose two defenders on Monday: veteran safety Keith Davis and rookie defensive end Stryker Sulak.
- Former Chargers receiver Lance Alworth said the team's rivalry with Oakland flared up after Al Davis left San Diego to run the Raiders.
- Running back Curtis Brinkley, injured in a shooting last Friday, was released from the hospital on Saturday and will require six to eight weeks to recover.