Afternoon news and notes
August, 10, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
- Denver quarterback Kyle Orton had a bounce-back practice after getting booed during a team scrimmage. Orton is under a ton of pressure and he has to feel it.
- Todd Haley is getting some special help at his first training camp as a head coach.
- Linebacker Mario Haggan is rising up the depth chart in Denver.
- Tommy Kelly's penchant for jumping offside all training camp is bothering at least one teammate.
- Denver receiver Brandon Marshall is still not practicing because of a hamstring injury. Still, Marshall should be ready for the start of the regular season without any issue.
- The toe injury sustained by Oakland rookie receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey is not considered serious.
- San Diego rookie running back Gartrell Johnson has been impressive in camp. The fourth-round draft choice could be a short-yardage option this season.