Evening AFC West notes
August, 18, 2011
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
ESPN has announced that Brad Nessler and Trent Dilfer will call the Raiders-Broncos’ game to open the season on Sept. 12. It’s the second game of ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.” Kickoff is set for 10:15 p.m. ET. They worked together a year ago to call the Chargers-Chiefs season opener.
- The Chargers signed tight end Charles Davis. He was with the team in the summer of 2009.
- The Raider Nation has to read this special story. Thanks to the reader who pointed it out to me.
- The Broncos have begun the process of trying to fill the holes at defensive tackle created by injuries to Ty Warren and Marcus Thomas. Warren will miss several weeks with a triceps injury. Thomas is out for the rest of the preseason with a biceps injury. They were hurt five minutes apart Monday. Expect Denver to continue to look for help at the spot.
- San Diego’s leadership is looking at Kansas City for some stadium inspiration.
- Three Denver players named in the Miami football scandal refused to talk about it Wednesday.