Catching up on a travel day
August, 18, 2011
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Here are some AFC West developments that occurred when I was cutting through the Western United States (and sitting in an airport with poor Internet access) as I traveled from Kansas City’s training camp:
- In what is not a surprise, Denver defensive tackle Ty Warren will have surgery on his triceps, which he injured Monday. He will miss 3-6 months. The team hopes to have him back in November, but there are no guarantees. Denver signed Warren to a two-year, $8 million deal earlier this month. Warren was hurt Monday.
- In an Insider piece, Mel Kiper thinks Terrelle Pryor could learn from Tim Tebow's experience. In another Insider piece, Todd McShay lists the Raiders as one of the possible landing spots for Pryor. He also thinks the Chargers could show interest in another prospect in the supplemental draft.
- One of the NFL’s better tight ends believes the best in the league resides in San Diego.
- We are just getting through with free agency 2011 and here comes an Insider look at key free agents for 2012. Hey, free agency starts in less than seven months. It’s never too early to check it out.
- Denver starter Kyle Orton talks about this unusual training camp in a radio interview with a Denver station.
- Tebow doesn’t buy the report that there was a bounty for Miami players to hurt Florida’s in a 2008 game against him. Tebow and Florida easily won the game.