AFC West news and notes
September, 10, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson
- There is reportedly new information in the Shawne Merriman case.
- Tackle Jon Runyan visited the Eagles, who he starred for, Thursday. Runyan tried out for the Chiefs on Wednesday.
- The Chiefs also need receivers and they could show interest in Bobby Wade, who was cut by the Vikings. The Chiefs also had an interest in receiver David Tyree, who was cut by the Giants last weekend. He worked out in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- Kansas City safety Mike Brown is showing the leadership qualities that attracted the Chiefs to him.
- Former Oakland coach John Madden is working closely with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. So, any hopes of Raiders fans that Madden will join the Raiders in a role have been dashed.
- I’m still hearing the Raiders could show an interest in tackle Langston Walker. He was cut by Buffalo this week. Walker previously played for the Raiders, who have a need for tackles.