Evening AFC West notes
December, 29, 2011
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
As was the case Wednesday, Oakland receiver Jacoby Ford and safety Michael Huff practiced Thursday and running back Darren McFadden did not. Ford and Huff are expected to play against San Diego on Sunday and McFadden is not expected to play.
- Denver safety Brian Dawkins is not practicing for the second straight day because of a neck injury. His chances of playing Sunday against Kansas City may be dwindling. Kansas City running back Jackie Battle did not practice for the second straight day because of a foot injury. He is doubtful to play against Denver.
- San Diego running back Ryan Mathews returned to practice Thursday after he sat out Wednesday with a calf injury. However, receiver Vincent Jackson (groin) and running back Mike Tolbert (hamstring) are out for the second straight day. With the Chargers out of the playoff picture, it will be interesting to see if Jackson and Tolbert play Sunday in a huge game for Oakland.
- Meanwhile, the Raiders’ game Sunday is sold out. The Raiders sold out every game this season for the first time they moved back from Los Angeles in 1995. Kudos, Raiders Nation.
- Former San Diego star running back LaDainian Tomlinson said he may be preparing for his final NFL game. He was spent the past two seasons with the Jets after playing for the Chargers from 2001-09.
- An ESPN Insider piece believes the Broncos’ have been pushed by luck this season.