- Bill Williamson, ESPN Oakland Raiders reporter
- 0 Shares
ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper has offered another mock draft. This time, Kiper is going two rounds deep. Let’s take a look at his choices for the AFC West teams:
11. Kansas City: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
My take: I have no problem with this pick at all the way this board fell. I think Kuechly would be a tremendous addition to a strong defense.
18. San Diego: Chandler Jones, LB, Syracuse
My take: I know Jones is considered a riser, but I think this may be too high. I’d stick with Illinois’ pass-rusher Whitney Mercilus.
25. Denver: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
My take: I think this is the right call the way this board falls. He fills a need position.
44. Kansas City: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
My take: Still would be a strong value pick here and a nice pairing with Kuechly.
49. San Diego: Doug Martin, Boise State
My take: It would be an interesting pick. He would fill a need.
57. Denver: LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
My take: Another interesting pick. I think the Broncos could get better value with this pick and maybe wait to see if James is available in the third round.
Note: Oakland traded its pick in both the first and second rounds.
ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper has offered another mock draft. This time, Kiper is going two rounds deep. Let’s take a look at his choices for the AFC West teams:First round11.