Halftime notes from Oakland
September, 27, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson
OAKLAND -- CBS broadcaster Rich Gannon did not talk to the media prior to the game. The Raiders banned Gannon from their building last week for a production meeting because he has been critical of the team. The Raiders finally relented.
- Ryan Clady has not allowed a full sack in his entire NFL career.
- Oakland cut running back Louis Rankin before the game.
- There are several thousand empty seats. This is the first time a Denver game has been blacked out in Oakland since 2003.
- Second-round pick Mike Mitchell is playing for Oakland at safety.
- Denver rookie Knowshon Moreno is running the ball well.
- Denver seems to be much improved on special teams. That was a big issue the past several seasons for Denver.
- JaMarcus Russell’s numbers aren’t bad. He has completed 9 of 13 passes for 60 yards. But he is not being effective.
- Oakalnd running back Darren McFadden needs to be more consistent. We just haven't seen the type of game he is capable of in more than a year. He has seven carries for 21 yards.