- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
We continue our AFC West positional rankings with a very young and overly unproven group of defensive linemen:
1. Richard Seymour, Oakland: Seymour is aging, his play is slipping some and this may be his last year in Oakland. But he is still at the top of this list.
2. Elvis Dumervil, Denver: A dynamic pass-rusher who is a game changer.
3. Tommy Kelly, Oakland: Underrated player. He may play nose tackle in 3-4 looks.
4. Lamarr Houston, Oakland: A potential star has ability to take over.
5. Glenn Dorsey, Kansas City: He was supposed to be great. He’s not, but he’s solid.
6. Matt Shaughnessy, Oakland: The Raiders missed this pass-rusher when he was injured last year.
7. Tyson Jackson, Kansas City: See Dorsey.
8. Robert Ayers, Denver: He became a solid player against the run last season.
9. Corey Liuget, San Diego: The Chargers expect big things from him in his second season.
10. Dontari Poe, Kansas City: Let’s see what this immensely talented rookie can do.
11. Cam Thomas, San Diego: An underrated player. He has a real future.
12. Antonio Garay, San Diego: It was important that the Chargers re-signed this rotational standout.
13. Vaughn Martin, San Diego: The Chargers think he has a chance to flourish soon.
14. Derek Wolfe, Denver: The second-round pick will be given the chance to make an instant impact.
15. Justin Bannan, Denver: A valuable rotational piece.
16. Luis Castillo, San Diego: The Chargers think he can still help.
17. Dave Tollefson, Oakland: A valuable backup on a strong line.
18. Jacques Cesaire, San Diego: The veteran is heady and he can make plays.
19. Desmond Bryant, Oakland: A solid part of the Raiders’ line.
20. Ty Warren, Denver: The Broncos hope he can make an impact after missing the past two seasons.
21. Kevin Vickerson, Denver: He gained weight to help in the middle.
22. Jason Hunter, Denver: A limited player, who has some play-making ability.
23. Allen Bailey, Kansas City: The Chiefs think he can develop quickly.
24. Kendall Reyes, San Diego: I wouldn’t be surprised if this second-round pick makes some plays right away.
2dEric D. Williams