We continue to do our positional rankings with a deep secondary group:
1. Champ Bailey, Denver: The future Hall of Famer continues to play at a high level.
2. Eric Berry, Kansas City: I expect him to be a star after injuring his knee in Week 1 last year.
3. Eric Weddle, San Diego: Weddle is becoming a premier playmaker.
4. Brandon Flowers, Kansas City: One of the better cornerbacks in the NFL. An unheralded standout.
5. Tyvon Branch, Oakland: He is a tackle machine. The Raiders will do what it takes to keep him for the long run.
6. Stanford Routt, Kansas City: Now that he is a No. 2 cornerback again, expect his play to increase.
7. Tracy Porter, Denver: The Broncos think they got a steal in free agency.
8. Quentin Jammer, San Diego: The Chargers need a bounce-back season from Jammer.
9. Michael Huff, Oakland: He makes a lot of plays and he gives up a lot of plays.
10. Antoine Cason, San Diego: A solid No. 2 corner.
11. Kendrick Lewis, Kansas City: Many scouts think he has a real future.
12. Michael Adams, Denver: He should be a solid addition to a solid secondary.
13. Ronald Bartell, Oakland: The Raiders have to hope his neck issues are a thing of the past.
14. Atari Bigby, San Diego: The Chargers like what they see from this veteran so far.
15. Drayton Florence, Denver: He brings solid experience to the nickel position.
16. Shawntae Spencer, Oakland: Let’s see if he can fend off the youngsters for the starting gig.
17. Quinton Carter, Denver: I think the safety has a real future.
18. Javier Arenas, Kansas City: There’s a place in this terrific secondary for Arenas.
19. Chris Harris, Denver: The undrafted free-agent find in 2011 is a fine player.
20. Matt Giordano, Oakland: He’s limited, but he can make some plays in a pinch.
21. Mike Mitchell, Oakland: I would like to see this former second-round pick make more of an impact.
22. Brandon Taylor, San Diego: The Chargers may have something in this third-round pick.
23. Rahim Moore, Denver: He has to regain his confidence after a shaky rookie year.
24. Marcus Gilchrist, San Diego: He has potential, but he’s still learning.
25. Darrell Stuckey, San Diego: He will have to compete for playing time.
26. Chimdi Chekwa, Oakland: I think he could push Spencer for a starting spot.
27. Jalil Brown, Kansas City: He has some potential.
28. DeMarcus Van Dyke, Oakland: he has to show he is more than just fast.
29. DeQuan Menzie, Kansas City: Late-round pick knows how to play the game.