- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
NFL free agency starts March 12. Some players will be re-signed and some will be given the franchise tag. But, as of now, I’m ranking the top 10 players who are set to be unrestricted free agents from the AFC West:
1. Ryan Clady, Denver, LT: He is a premier player. He made All-Pro this season. Denver will either extend him or give him the franchise tag.
2. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City, WR: Bowe can be a top-level receiver. There will be fast interest if he hits the open market.
3. Branden Albert, Kansas City, LT: Albert came into his own in 2012. He is going to be a rich man, whether it’s from the Chiefs or on the open market.
4. Brandon Myers, Oakland, TE; Myers has a breakout receiving season in 2012. There will be interest on the open market. The Raiders will try to keep him, but it may not be easy. It could help Oakland that it is a strong tight end free agent class.
5. Louis Vasquez, San Diego, OG: Scouts love this player. He is the Chargers’ best offensive lineman.
6. Antoine Cason, San Diego, CB: The word around the league is Cason will get interest. He could price himself out of San Diego as free agency is always kind to cornerbacks.
7. Philip Wheeler, Oakland, LB: Wheeler is a solid starter who the Raiders will want to keep.
8. Quentin Jammer, San Diego, CB: He may move to safety at the age of 33. But Jammer can still play.
9. Shaun Phillips, San Diego, LB: Phillips is streaky, but he can still rush the passer and plenty teams will pay for that skill.
10. Dustin Colquitt, Kansas City, P: Colquitt made the Pro Bowl this season. He is underrated, but appreciated in Kansas City. The Chiefs will try to keep him.
7hEric D. Williams
14hEric D. Williams
17hEric D. Williams
2dEric D. Williams