AFC West pregame news and notes
October, 26, 2008
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Pregame buzz:
- Jets receiver Laveranues Coles (hamstring, concussion) will start against visiting Kansas City.
- Jets tight end Bubba Franks is inactive because of a groin injury.
- Chiefs' running back Larry Johnson is inactive today against the Jets. It's the second straight game he has been deactivated. Chiefs coach Herman Edwards is punishing him for off-field issues.
- After heavy rains Saturday, it is clear skies in the East Rutherford area and weather should not be an issue for the Jets-Chiefs game.
- The Chiefs' plane was delayed a couple of hours Saturday flying into the New Jersey area because of inclement weather.
- Several members of the Jets' Super Bowl III team, including quarterback Joe Namath, were in the press box prior to the game.
- Former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer is here. His son Brian is an assistant for the Jets.
- Interesting development in Baltimore where Oakland running back Darren McFadden has been deactivated because of turf toe. He has been dealing with the injury since Week 2 at Kansas City. Coincidentally, that was his best game. Turf toe can bother a player for an entire season and perhaps this is going to be the case for the No. 4 overall pick of the 2008 draft.
- Receiver Chad Jackson is still on target to sign with Denver tonight. He has a flight scheduled to land in Denver on Sunday evening.