|ESPN.com: AFC West||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
• A source close to Romeo Crennel said Tuesday night the former Cleveland head coach and former New England defensive coordinator is not close to joining the Kansas City staff as a defensive coordinator. It is possible, at some point, the source said, that Crennel could join former New England colleague Scott Pioli as a defensive consultant.
• The contract numbers Oakland cornerback Chris Johnson agreed to have been disclosed. The cornerback, who was set to become a free agent, signed a four-year deal with a $4 million signing bonus. He will be paid an average of $3.825 million per year.
• Arizona's decision to put the franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby takes him out of the mix of joining an AFC West team. He could have fit in well in both Denver and Kansas City.
• Denver Pro Bowl center Casey Wiegmann could soon sign an extension. He has one year remaining on his contract and he intends to continue to play. But he also wants a new contract.
• San Diego star wide receiver Vincent Jackson pleaded not guilty after being arrested for suspicion of drunken driving last month.