|ESPN.com: AFC West||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
• Still no word out of Kansas City on Larry Johnson's future. The team will likely try to trade him, but he could end up getting cut in the coming days.
• If Dallas cuts safety Roy Williams, Denver could be an option. The Broncos are looking at safeties in free agency. New England's James Sanders also is a possibility.
• The Broncos could be in on St. Louis cornerback Ronald Bartell in the coming days. If Dallas defensive end Chris Canty is unsigned after the first couple of days of free agency, Denver could get into the picture.
• The Chiefs extended tenders to restricted free agents safety Jarrad Page, center Rudy Niswanger and receiver Jeff Webb.
• The Broncos are set to gain about a $4 million in salary-cap credit for bonuses linebacker Louis Green didn't achieve. Denver has more than $40 million in salary-cap room as free agency is about to start.
• It will be interesting to see if San Diego shows any interest in guards Brandon Moore and Kendall Simmons, who were cut by the Jets and the Steelers, respectively. The Chargers might be in a market for a guard.
• The Broncos, at this point, are not looking for a replacement for young kicker Matt Prater, who struggled in the second half last season, but rather someone to compete with Prater.