|ESPN.com: AFC West||[Print without images]|
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
• Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson said he did think about his life after the Chargers as insurance if he had not re-done his contract, which he did Tuesday. Tomlinson said he thought he'd fit in with New Orleans, Baltimore and (gasp) Denver.
Could you imagine LT playing for the Broncos? The sky would fall in San Diego. With Denver signing three veteran tailbacks already, the Broncos likely wouldn't have had a need for Tomlinson.
Had Tomlinson hit the open market, the likely landing spot would have been the Saints. They have a need and the presence of Tomlinson's former teammate and good friend Drew Brees would likely have made that a workable pairing.
• The Raiders are still considering Buffalo center Duke Preston. A final resolution could come within the next few days.
• Former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards discusses his situation in a radio interview.
• The St. Paul Pioneer Press says the Vikings are happy with their quarterback situation and will not pursue Denver quarterback Jay Cutler if Denver makes him available again.
• Raiders running back Darren McFadden says he's healthy and raring to go after a recent surgery.
• Two San Diego radio personalities are off the air after making comments about Tomlinson returning to the Chargers.