Thursday, June 4, 2009
Evening AFC West news and notes
By Bill Williamson
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
- Minnesota coach Brad Childress said he was informed by Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli in February that the Chiefs would not participate in a joint workout this summer. It had become a recent training camp tradition based on the close proximity of the teams' training camps.
- San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson discusses in a radio interview how he plans to overcome the pratfalls of being a running back in his 30s in the NFL. Tomlinson turns 30 this month.
- Brian Waters missed a charity event in Kansas City on Wednesday. Could it be a sign that the unhappy Chiefs guard will not show up to the team's mandatory minicamp that begins Friday? Waters has stayed away from the team since he asked for a trade or release in February.
- The murder trial of the man accused of killing Denver cornerback Darrent Williams has been delayed until October.
- Chargers coach Norv Turner is talking up some of the team's draft picks.