Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Around the AFC West: Cassel is Chiefs' guy
By Bill Williamson
Posted by ESPN.com staff
Kansas City Chiefs
- The Broncos have informed disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall that he needs to report to training camp with the team's rookies on July 27 since he's an injured player.
- If the Chiefs are convinced Cassel is their guy, they didn't have the luxury of waiting to sign him to a long-term deal, writes the Star's Bradford Doolittle.
- Cassel on his new deal: "I am honored and humbled by the faith that the Chiefs organization has displayed in me."
San Diego Chargers
- Paul Gutierrez of the Sacramento Bee says the recently released Stryker Sulak may have been a victim of "numbers game" at the defensive end position.
- Cam Inman takes a look at the starting quarterbacks in the AFC West.
- Running back Curtis Brinkley, recovering in Philadelphia from gunshot wounds, said Tuesday that he's "just happy to be alive."