Monday, July 27, 2009
Breaking down the AFC West power rankings
By Bill Williamson
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
Our pre-training camp power rankings have been released.
We have streamlined the voting process. I no longer have a vote. AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky is the AFC representative.
I still have an opinion though, so here goes:
- Power ranking: 6th
- My ranking range: 6-8
- Why: This is a good team. The Chargers are not far from being one of the elite teams in the NFL.
- Power ranking: 27th
- My ranking range: 24-26
- Why: I think Denver was slightly under ranked, but I understand why. There are a lot of questions about this team after a controversial offseason.
- Power ranking: Tied for 28th
- My ranking range: 28-30
- Why: I think the Chiefs are right where they should be. This team still has a long way to go.
- Power ranking: 30th
- My ranking range: 25-28
- Why: I think the Raiders are being underrated. This team is not the third-worst team in the league. It is arguably the second-best team in the AFC West heading into camp.