Monday, April 30, 2012
Chargers add O-line depth
By Bill Williamson
The San Diego Chargers added depth to their offensive line with the experienced Rex Hadnot.
Hadnot is an eight-year veteran and started all 16 games for the Arizona Cardinals last season. He is insurance if the Chargers are not comfortable with Tyronne Green at left guard who is replacing the retired Kris Dielman.
The Chargers were ravaged by injuries on the offensive line last season, so having a player like Hadnot is important.
The Chargers also announced their undrafted rookie class. Here is the list:
UPDATE: The Chargers expect fifth-round draft pick Johnnie Troutman to miss the entire season because of a torn pectoral muscle he injured two weeks ago. The Chargers knew of Troutman’s injury when they drafted him. But the team loves his long-term potential.
- Hubert Anyiam, WR Oklahoma State
- Jason Barnes, WR South Carolina
- Cordell Bell, OT Minnesota State-Mankato
- Eddie Brown, NT Texas A&M
- Charles Burton, OT Montana
- Sean Cattouse, FS Cal
- Paul Cox, WR Mississippi Valley State
- Taylor Embree, WR UCLA
- Gregory Gatson, CB Arkansas
- Nick Guess, LS Tennessee
- Logan Harrell, DE Fresno State
- Michael Harris, OT UCLA
- Michael Hayes, RB Houston
- Jarrett Lee, QB LSU
- Josh Linam, ILB Central Florida
- Mohamed Marah, FB San Jose State
- Kyle Martens, P Rice
- Phillip Payne, WR UNLV
- De'Andre Presley, CB Appalachian State
- Christian Tupou, DE USC
- Michael Willie, WR Arizona State