Thursday, October 1, 2009
Evening AFC West news and notes
By Bill Williamson
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson
- As expected, the Chargers think LaDainian Tomlinson has a strong chance of playing Sunday at Pittsburgh for the first time since opening day. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- In Kansas City, receiver Dwayne Bowe was back at practice Thursday. He missed last week’s game with a hamstring injury.
- Denver guard Ben Hamilton did not practice Thursday because of a hamstring injury. He didn’t practice Wednesday, either, and could be in jeopardy of missing the Dallas game on Sunday. Tackle Ryan Harris did practice some Thursday after sitting out Wednesday with a shoulder injury.
- Interestingly, San Diego worked out punter Ricky Schmitt. Regular punter Mike Scifres was limited both Wednesday and Thursday with a groin injury. The Chargers need Scifres against Pittsburgh. He is a major weapon in the battle for the field position.
- The Oakland Tribune reports Oakland receiver Chaz Schilens may be a ways off from playing. He has a broken foot.