Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Aaron Curry activated
By Bill Williamson
UPDATE: The Raiders make it official: Curry activated. Linebacker Vic So’oto cut to make room for Curry.
Fox Sports is reporting the Raiders will activate linebacker Aaron Curry from the physically unable to perform list. The team must do it by Wednesday. If not, Curry must be put on the injured reserve.
On Monday, Oakland coach Dennis Allen indicated that Curry is still dealing with the knee problems that have plagued him since the offseason. By activating him, it would mean Oakland thinks Curry can help this season.
I’d think Curry would be eased back into action and be a backup for now until he can show he is ready to take on an expanded role.
In other AFC West news:
- In an Insider piece, Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston ranked very high on a list of underrated NFL players. Oakland linebacker Philip Wheeler also made the list. I can’t agree more. We will talk about the great linebacker play in the division more this week.
- San Diego coach Norv Turner received votes in a players poll, naming the most overrated coaches. That’s a new one. I’ve heard Turner called a lot of things. Being rated highly is not one of them.
- This ESPN video looks at just how bad the 1-7 Chiefs are.
- Pro Football Weekly named Denver’s John Elway as the executive of the midseason. He is the only AFC West representative on the list, which honored players at each position and a coach.
- This ESPN video looks at how the Broncos are utilizing technology.