Sunday, October 25, 2009
Halftime notes from Kansas City
By Bill Williamson
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson
KANSAS CITY -- Random notes as the Chargers have a 20-0 lead:
- The Chiefs moved the ball late in the second half, but rookie Ryan Succop -- who had two 46-yard field goals in the Chiefs' win at Washington last week -- missed a 43-yarder.
- Kansas City played aggressive early. Trailing 7-0 in the first quarter, Chiefs coach Todd Haley went for it from his own 41. The Chargers made the defensive stop and then went in for a touchdown, using a short field.
- San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers has thrown for 186 yards and Vincent Jackson has 142 receiving yards.
- San Diego running back Darren Sproles had a 21-yard gain while running with one shoe on late in the first half.
- San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson has 36 yards on one carry and 30 yards on 13 other carries.
- Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles had a nice 15-yard run late in the first half. It may be time for him to get the ball more. Larry Johnson has 28 yards on eight carries.
- The Chargers have two sacks. Both came on safety blitzes.
- It’s starting to rain. The forecast calls for continued rain in the second half.