Sunday, November 15, 2009
By Bill Williamson
OAKLAND -- We just ended one long first quarter. It took nearly an hour to play. There were 10 drives in the quarter and the game is tied at 10-10.
- Oakland receiver Chaz Schilens started his first game of the season after being out for three months with a broken foot. First-round draft pick Darrius Heyward-Bey started along with him as Louis Murphy came off the bench.
- Both teams have been sloppy in the first quarter, with several dropped passes and penalties.
- Rookie safety Mike Mitchell is out with an apparent hamstring injury.
- Oakland running back Michael Bush had a 60-yard run to set up Oakland’s touchdown. But the Raiders haven’t done much offensively since.
- Kansas City had minus-4 rushing yards as of early in the second quarter in its first game since cutting Larry Johnson. But then Jamaal Charles struck for a 44-yard touchdown on fourth-and-1.
- Heyward-Bey dropped a perfect deep pass from quarterback JaMarcus Russell near the goal line early in the second quarter as he continued to have trouble holding onto the ball.
- The Raiders are broadcasting the game in Navajo.