Sunday, November 22, 2009
By Bill Williamson
Random notes from Kansas City’s 27-24 overtime win:
- Chris Chambers continued to be a bright light for the Chiefs in his third game with the team. He had four catches for 119 yards. He has been a major sparkplug for the Chiefs since they claimed him off waivers from San Diego.
- Lance Long had two catches for 37 yards. He has looked good since being promoted from the practice squad last month.
- New Kansas City starting tight end Leonard Pope caught a 21-yard touchdown pass.
- Matt Cassel wasn’t fancy for the Chiefs, but the quarterback played his typical smart game. He completed 15 of 30 passes for 248 yards. He threw two touchdown passes and he wasn’t intercepted.
- Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles had 58 yards on 17 carries. But he set the tone early with a 97-yard kickoff return to open the game.
Kansas City linebacker Andy Studebaker likely earned himself future playing time with two interceptions and four tackles in his NFL start. He was playing for the injured Mike Vrabel.
The Chiefs have won back-to-back games for the first time since September, 2007.