AFC West: Cincinnat Bengals
December, 13, 2009
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Chargers lead the Cowboys, 10-3:
- San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers survived a rare mistake when Dallas couldn’t capitalize on an interception at the Chargers’ 27 late in the first half. Dallas missed a field goal.
- The Cowboys are running the ball on the Chargers and their battered defensive line. But the Chargers came up huge in the second quarter with a goal-line stand.
- Rivers is targeting No. 2 receiver Malcolm Floyd often. He has two catches for 31 yards, but he was the intended receiver on a big pass interference play on San Diego's touchdown drive.
- San Diego tight end Antonio Gates has one catch for 7 yards after catching 15 passes for 285 yards in the past two games.
- San Diego linebacker Brandon Siler continued his hot play with a sack of Tony Romo.
- If the Chargers win, they will be in great shape. Both Denver and Cincinnati lost, so the Chargers will be in line for the No. 2 seed in the playoffs.