AFC West: Ike Hilliard
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
• The word out of San Diego is, barring unexpected progress, a resolution to the LaDainian Tomlinson restructured contract talks will not be done by the time general manger A.J. Smith speaks to the media. Smith will address the media at 12 p.m. PT. Smith will discuss the team's free-agency issues. The Tomlinson situation may take a couple of more days to resolve.
• I don't expect recently released Tampa Bay linebacker Derrick Brooks to end up in the AFC West. Anything could happen, but I don't see him being a great fit for an AFC West team. One player who was purged in Tampa on Wednesday who could fit in the division is receiver Ike Hilliard. He could potentially get interest from Oakland, as could Joey Galloway. Hilliard would be less expensive though. The Oakland Tribune looks at a couple of other receiving possibilities for the Raiders.
• If Shaun Rogers can wiggle his way out of Cleveland, both Denver and Kansas City could be players for the massive defensive tackle. Last year, while under the Mike Shanahan regime, Denver tried to trade for Rogers while he was with Detroit.
• While it is a fluid situation, the word Wednesday is that Raiders receiver Javon Walker is leaning toward playing this season and is open to taking a pay cut from Oakland. This situation could be cleared in the coming days. Meanwhile, the Raiders are trying to re-sign guard Cooper Carlisle, one of the team's best offensive lineman. If he becomes a free agent, Carlisle could be popular on the open market.
• The Chargers gave tenders to two restricted free agents.