Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
• The Kansas City Star reports that another big name, Bill Parcells, is out of the mix for the Chiefs' head-coaching job.
It has been a week since new general manager Scott Pioli fired Herm Edwards as coach. There have not been any reported interviews. That lends to the speculation that the Chiefs are waiting to interview Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley after Sunday's Super Bowl.
• Denver quarterback Jay Cutler and receiver Brandon Marshall are in Tampa for some Super Bowl festivities. Cutler said it is horrible not be in the postseason mix and Marshall boasts that it is just a matter of time before Denver gets to the Super Bowl. The Broncos certainly have talent on offense but if this team is going to the Super Bowl, it will need to address massive issues on defense.
• San Diego backup running back Darren Sproles, who has maintained he wants to return to San Diego, said he will test the free-agent market. It will be interesting to see if Sproles will garner starter's money. Also a major return threat, Sproles has proved to be an excellent change-of-pace back but at 5-foot-6, 181 pounds, he may have difficulty being a 20-25 carry-a-game tailback. If Sproles gets a huge offer, San Diego may be hard-pressed to match it.
• The Oakland Tribune reports that Al Saunders will likely not be the team's offensive coordinator. And yes, another day apparently will pass without the team announcing whether interim coach Tom Cable will get the job on a permanent basis.
• With Detroit homing in on former Jacksonville assistant James Harris, it means former Denver general manager Ted Sundquist will likely not end up in Detroit. Sundquist was also a finalist to be the general manager in Kansas City.