Recap of Bruce Arians' news conference
August, 5, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians spoke to the media on Tuesday morning. Here’s a quick recap of what he had to say:
- John Brown, who has been suffering from a tweaked hamstring, will return to practice on Tuesday, Arians said.
- G Jonathan Cooper, TE Jake Ballard and T Nate Potter will all miss practice with sore knees. Arians expects them to return on Wednesday.
- With Cooper’s absence, Earl Watford will be getting all the snaps at left guard with the first team.
- Arians said he will keep four or five running backs, depending on their contribution to special teams. This opens the door for someone like Jalen Parmele or Zach Bauman to make the roster.
- Arians said rookie defensive lineman Kareem Martin has looked “very explosive.”
- Arians has been pleased with the outside linebackers, but he’s looking for them to improve their pass-rush versatility.
- Linebacker Sam Acho, who missed 13 weeks last season with a broken leg, has been playing “really fast” this camp, Arians said, and is around the quarterback more than anyone.