Cardinals Camp Report: Day 12
August, 11, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Arizona Cardinals training camp:
- It took more than two weeks to happen but the first fight of training camp broke out Monday, between defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and tackle Bradley Sowell. It was quickly broken up but the two finished the final 30 minutes of practice jogging and walking laps around the field. Sowell, who jokingly estimated he walked about three miles, said the fight was a result of him and Dockett being competitive. "We both got into a skirmish every drill," Sowell said. "So, I knew it was eventually going to get heated but we're teammates at the end of the day. It's done. Both of us want to get better."
- The defense continued to look stout in practice, highlighted by cornerback Jerraud Powers intercepting two passes. The first came on a throw from Drew Stanton intended for Walt Powell, who made a light effort to catch the pass with one hand. Powers' second pick was on a throw by Carson Palmer. Coming off a safety against the Texans, JoJo Dickson also had an interception.
- Rookie kicker Chandler Catanzaro was 8-for-9 on field goals Monday, missing from 43 yards. After being perfect Saturday night against Houston, Catanzaro hit from 33, 29, 39, 44, 46, 50 and 47 twice.
- As expected, quarterback Ryan Lindley worked with the third string while Logan Thomas took 7-on-7 snaps in a separate group.
- With Kevin Minter out, Kenny Demens worked at inside linebacker on the first team next to Larry Foote. Sam Acho and Matt Shaughnessy were the first-team outside linebackers. Earl Watford got all the first-team reps in place of Jonathan Cooper, who's injured.
- Guard Jonathan Cooper did not practice Monday but said his toe was "going well." He plans on playing Saturday in Minnesota.
- Injury report: T Max Starks (ankle), OL Anthony Steen (neck), G Jonathan Cooper (toe), T Nate Potter(back), LB Kevin Minter (pec), WR Michael Floyd (groin), WR Ted Ginn (knee) and C Lyle Sendlein (calf) did not practice.
- Arizona practices 2-4:30 p.m. on Tuesday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Admission and parking is free.