Cardinals Camp Report: Day 15
August, 14, 2014
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. – A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Arizona Cardinals training camp:
- The end of Thursday’s practice left a few heads scratching. About two hours into practice, after quarterback Carson Palmer hit tight end John Carlson on a pretty route, a fight broke out right around the backfield. It’s unclear who started it but it was broken up quickly. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was pretty ticked after the incident and made the entire team line up on one sideline without their helmets and run six cross-field sprints. Arians then huddled the team and walked off the field as a couple assistants followed. But the team began practicing again and Arians returned to the field for the final few minutes of practice. This was the second fight of the week. On Monday, Darnell Dockett and Bradley Sowell went at it and were punished by running laps.
- Arizona opened practice with a slew of runs during its first 11-on-11 period. It could be an indication of more running calls to come in Minnesota. Last weekend against Houston, Arizona ran for 81 yards on 37 carries.
- Quarterback Ryan Lindley struggled throughout his snaps, consistently throwing behind receivers. But he wasn’t helped either when Reggie Dunn dropped two passes. With Logan Thomas getting the majority of third-team snaps for the last couple weeks, this week was Lindley’s first chance to work in game situations with his receivers. Lindley was also intercepted by Antonio Cromartie and Patrick Peterson.
- Injury report: DT Bruce Gaston (knee), G Jonathan Cooper (toe), T Nate Potter(back), LB Kevin Minter (pec), WR Michael Floyd (groin), WR Ted Ginn(knee) and C Lyle Sendlein (calf) did not practice.
- Arizona’s next practice will be 2-4:30 Monday at University of Phoenix Stadium. Admission and parking are free.