Ravens Camp Report: Day 2
July, 25, 2014
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- A daily look at what happened at Baltimore Ravens training camp:
- It was an extremely sloppy day, especially on offense. There were drops, false starts and even a fumbled exchange between quarterback Joe Flacco and center Jeremy Zuttah. Flacco and coach John Harbaugh each vented their frustration during practice. It's rare to see Flacco voice his displeasure.
- The best players on Friday were running back Bernard Pierce and defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan. Pierce, who was limited all offseason after having offseason shoulder surgery, eluded defenders between the tackles. This is a good sign for the Ravens, who will likely turn to Pierce to fill in for Ray Rice during the running back's two-game suspension. Jernigan, the rookie second-round pick, spent a lot of the workout in the Ravens' backfield. He repeatedly beat guard Ryan Jensen and pressured Flacco.
- It's never a good thing when the best part of the offense was the cadence. Flacco drew the defense offside three times. He got defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to jump on consecutive plays.
- Justin Tucker missed a kick that was inside 40 yards. This usually doesn't merit a note, except for the fact that this is the first time he's failed to convert a kick this offseason (or at least during the practices that the media is allowed to watch).
- Schedule: The Ravens have their first full-contract practice on Saturday. The three-hour workout begins at 1 p.m. All three coordinators -- offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, defensive coordinator Dean Pees and special-teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg -- are scheduled to speak to the media following practice.
- Injury wire: CB Lardarius Webb walked off the field with a minor back injury and didn't return. ... CB Aaron Ross was officially placed on injured reserve. The Ravens signed FS Will Hill, the former Giants free safety who is currently suspended for six games this season. ... CB Dominique Franks (failed conditioning test) remains on the non-football injury list. ... NT Terrence Cody (hip) is on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. ... G Will Rackley (undisclosed) didn't practice.