Ravens Camp Report: Day 4
July, 27, 2014
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Baltimore Ravens training camp:
- Terrell Suggs dominated practice and let the offensive players know about it, shouting in their direction throughout the three-hour workout. He would've been credited with three sacks, beating Eugene Monroe twice and Ricky Wagner once. Suggs also shot inside to wrap up Ray Rice in the backfield. He also shoved Justin Forsett to the ground on a pass to the flat.
- The first fight of camp occurred when linebacker Josh Bynes pushed offensive tackle Kelechi Osemele twice after a play. It looked like Osemele was trying not to get provoked but he took Bynes to the ground after the second hit. There was a pileup, which included mostly defensive players, and order was quickly restored.
- Joe Flacco had his most accurate day of passing in this year's camp. Most of the passes that hit the ground were ones that were dropped. His best throw actually wasn't completed. Flacco flung a pass that went 60 yards in the air that was nearly caught by Michael Campanaro in the end zone. He still is the only quarterback in camp who has yet to get intercepted, although linebacker Albert McClellan nearly picked off one over the middle.
- This isn't a surprise but guard Marshal Yanda has been the best offensive lineman so far in camp. It hasn't been close. On almost every running back, Yanda is either driving a lineman downfield or getting to the second level for a shot on a linebacker.
- Several veteran players got a day off on Sunday. Wide receivers Steve Smith and Torrey Smith, tight end Owen Daniels, middle linebacker Daryl Smith and defensive end Chris Canty all watched practice from the side.
- Schedule: The Ravens hold their first practice at M&T Bank Stadium at 7 p.m. ET. Parking is $10 but it's free to watch the practice. There will be a fireworks and laser show after practice. Players get their first day off on Tuesday.
- Injury wire: CB Chykie Brown (tweaked hamstring), who has struggled in camp, missed his first practice. ... CB Lardarius Webb (back) missed his second practice but is not expected to be sidelined for an extended period. With Brown and Webb out, the starting cornerback opposite Jimmy Smith was Asa Jackson. ... CB Dominique Franks passed his conditioning test and was removed from the non-football injury list. He missed the first three practices of camp. ... G Will Rackley (head) and OT Parker Graham (groin) both didn't practice. ... NT Terrence Cody (hip) is on the physically unable to perform list.