Ravens Camp Report: Day 7
July, 31, 2014
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Baltimore Ravens training camp:
- Steve Smith continues to prove he has the best hands of all the Ravens receivers. His best catch on Thursday was reaching behind him for a low pass that would've been intercepted by Chykie Brown. Judging from camp, quarterback Joe Flacco has built a trust that Smith will catch anything thrown close to him.
- Maybe it was the news conference looming after practice, but running back Ray Rice didn't look sharp. He got behind a linebacker and had no one standing between him and the end zone. But Rice dropped what was a nice pass from Flacco.
- The lighter practice was noticeably quieter because linebacker Terrell Suggs was given a day off. Wide receiver Jacoby Jones, nose tackle Haloti Ngata and running back Justin Forsett also were given what coach John Harbaugh called a "recovery day."
- Schedule: The Ravens have an 8:30 a.m. ET practice Friday. All three coordinators -- Gary Kubiak (offense), Dean Pees (defense) and Jerry Rosburg (special teams) -- will speak to the media following practice.
- Injury wire: DE Brent Urban (knee) is out for the season with a torn ACL in his right knee. ... CB Lardarius Webb (back) missed his fifth straight practice. ... ILB Daryl Smith (groin) was sidelined for a second straight day. ... DT Timmy Jernigan (back spasms), G Will Rackley (head) and WR Jeremy Butler (groin) also didn't practice. ... NT Terrence Cody (hip) is on the physically unable to perform list.