Big 12 lunch links
February, 24, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Let's see what's happening in Big 12 country today.
- Oklahoma State once again goes to Denton, Texas, for a coveted recruit, this time defensive end Jimmy Bean, Adam Boedeker writes in The Dallas Morning News. NFL scouts like what they see from former Cowboys quarterback Zac Robinson, Brandon Chatmon writes in The Oklahoman.
- Texas Tech's first step toward a Big 12 championship is getting excellent play from its defensive line, Don Williams writes in the (Lubbock) Avalanche-Journal. Don't forget to chat with Tech head coach Tommy Tuberville today at 2 p.m. ET.
- Nebraska needs a quarterback to separate himself this spring, Tom Shatel writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- Former Kansas stars head off to the combine knowing it's not totally about football, Matt Tait writes in the Lawrence Journal-World.
- His former Nebraska teammates get the hype at the combine, but linebacker Phillip Dillard hopes to make waves in Indy, Rich Kaipust writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- As basketball struggles at both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, there will be plenty of attention on the state's NFL hopefuls at the combine, Dave Sittler writes in The Tulsa World.
- Texas added its 14th (!!!) commitment for 2011 in linebacker Steve Edmond, Randy Riggs writes in the Austin American-Statesman.