Lunch links: Gill on the track, expansion, rookie mini-camps
May, 3, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World looks back on Turner Gill's day at the race track.
- Oklahoma fans got an inside look at the football facilities over the weekend, writes Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World.
- Prince Amukamara wanted to be a running back when he came to Nebraska. Obviously, moving to cornerback has worked out well, writes Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Former Baylor DL Trey Bryant signed a free agent contract with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Four Big 12 teams are in colleague Mark Schlabach's post-spring Top 25, including newcomer Texas A&M.
- Austin Murphy pens a story for Sports Illustrated outlining three expansion scenarios.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star says expansion could hurt Kansas and Kansas State the most.
- There are lots of expansion questions surrounding Nebraska, and Tom Shatel of the Omaha World-Herald is trying to answer them.
- Dave Sittler at the Tulsa World says commissioner Dan Beebe needs to fend off the conference's raiders, or else its fate won't be a good one.
- Dez Bryant is ready to move on in Dallas after controversy about his pre-draft interview with the Dolphins.
- Bryant also turned his ankle yesterday in practice.
- Nicholas J. Cotsonika at the Detroit Free Press says the Lions' rookies need to get in shape. Except for one. You know who. Suh.
- Warren Sapp wants to help Gerald McCoy become a star.
- Matt Baker of the Tulsa World reports on Sam Bradford's debut in the blue and gold.
- Russell Okung and Earl Thomas are teammates in Seattle now.
- Hurricane Rita had a big impact on Falcons rookie Sean Weatherspoon, writes D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Joe Reedy at the Cincinnati Enquirer reports Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has been impressed with the early effort of tight end Jermaine Gresham.