Lunch links: About last night
June, 15, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Lots of good stuff today. And thanks for the congratulatory e-mails, folks, but I assure you, my job was never in jeopardy throughout this whole situation. I only referenced that on here once, and this should be the last time.
- The threat is gone, but the bad blood remains, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman isn't buying the story Texas and the Big 12 are selling. He says Texas was strongarmed by its state's politicos at the last minute. He also named a few winners and losers after Texas' decision.
- The Big 12 was saved because Texas wanted it to be saved, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- The KU community is feeling pretty good this morning, writes J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
- Money and Texas saved the Big 12 from extinction, writes Andy Staples of SI.com. He also unearthed a paper written by Beebe and sent to the league's teams. You can download it there.
- T. Boone Pickens shares his brutally honest thoughts about Nebraska, Missouri and TCU in this video with the Austin American-Statesman.
- If you haven't been paying attention the past week or so and are lost, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a nice post-realignment FAQ.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12