Big 12 lunch links: Bomar didn't watch Sooners' BCS loss
January, 22, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Even some spotty cable service can't keep these links from being served today. Enjoy them.
- Former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar tells the Associated Press' John Zenor that he couldn't watch the Sooners' BCS championship game loss against Florida because of too many painful memories.
- Former Colorado players Bernard Jackson and Lionel Harris could receive reduced charges in a plea-bargaining deal in connection with a home-invasion style robbery for which they were jailed last summer, the Boulder Camera's Kyle Ringo reports.
- Former Texas defensive lineman Shane Dronett, 38, was found dead Wednesday at his home in suburban Atlanta. Austin American-Statesman beat writer Suzanne Halliburton has remembrances from his teammates and former coaches.
- Omaha Millard's Ty Kildow's recruiting story is a little different than most, Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal-Star reports. The 5-foot-7, 170-pound Kildow will walk-on at Nebraska, where he ran the fastest 40-yard dash time at summer camp several days before tearing his ACL there in a 7-on-7 drill that caused him to miss his senior season.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel writes that new Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Bill Young will become only the second coach to serve as a coordinator at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Tulsa. The other was Larry Coker.
- Tulsa World sports editor Mike Strain doesn't agree with Oklahoma State's policy of making Georgia a premium game, but credits athletic director Mike Holder for trying to build the Cowboys' season-ticket base.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Kansas 3 Duke 41 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final UTSA 13 Oklahoma State 43 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final 12 UCLA 20 Texas 17