Texas listed as No. 7 in ESPN.com's Prestige Rankings
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Another Big 12 team was revealed Thursday in ESPN's Prestige Rankings as Texas was ranked as the No. 7 team.
Teams ranked sixth through 10th were released. Other teams listed include No. 6 Alabama, No. 8 Michigan, No. 9 Florida State and No. 10 Miami.
The rankings take into account positives like national championships and major award winners and negatives like losing seasons and NCAA probation.
The Longhorns have closed ground recently, notching eight of their 22 10-win seasons over a span of the last eight seasons.
Texas struggled in the 1980s and '90s, when it finished 22nd and 19th, respectively, in those decades. The Longhorns had the best record in conference play just once from 1991 to 2004 and claimed only one bowl victory from 1982-93.
Here is the current listing of the Big 12 teams that have been released so far.
- Texas -- seventh, 1,494 points
- Texas A&M -- 20th, 584 points
- Colorado -- Tied for 22nd, 486 points
- Missouri -- 36th, 314 points
- Texas Tech -- 42nd, 267 points
- Baylor -- 63rd, 129 points
- Oklahoma State -- 65th, 115 points
- Kansas -- Tied for 69th, 86 points
- Kansas State -- 76th, 66 points
- Iowa State -- 114th, minus-53 points
Oklahoma and Nebraska remain. How do you think they will rank among the five finalists?