Big 12 lunch links: Forty Nebraska walk-ons begin work
January, 30, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are some links to send you hurtling into the Super Weekend -- just like the Nebraska walk-on candidates are doing.
- About 40 Nebraska students showed up before daybreak on Thursday to chase their dreams as walk-on players for the Cornhuskers, Lincoln Journal Star reporter Brian Christopherson writes.
- Is coffee only for the closers? If so, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford might deserve exalted status not just for his play on the field but also for his ability to recruit standout wide receivers, Tulsa World columnist Dave Sittler writes.
- Former Texas players Rashad Bobino, Henry Melton and Chris Ogbonnaya are still smarting from their BCS title game snub, the El Paso Times' Bret Bloomquist writes. All are in El Paso this week for Saturday's Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Game.
- The Tulsa World's Guerin Emig wonders where's the angst among Oklahoma fans after the Sooners' BCS title game loss to Florida?
- Georgia-Oklahoma State and Oklahoma-Miami make John Walters' list of 2009's five most intriguing nonconference games.
- Topeka Capital-Journal beat writer Austin Meek suggests a thorough examination of Kansas State president Jon Wefald's tenure. While some of his recent athletic decisions have been blasted, Meek still remembers Wefald's passion as a guest lecturer in his freshman history class.