Lunch links: T-Magic hits the road
September, 15, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Kansas could use a little more depth at linebacker after preseason injuries, writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini doesn't anticipate the crowd in Seattle being a problem for his "calm, cool, collected" quarterback, Taylor Martinez, writes Brian Christopherson of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- This week's episode of the Kansas football reality show "The Grind" is up. Just like last week, it's awesome. A pregame speech from safety Olatian Oguntodu and a halftime speech from Turner Gill are must-sees.
- Colorado coach Dan Hawkins says the problems that plagued the Buffaloes in their loss to Cal are "totally correctable," reports Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is asking fans to stop yelling "Sooners!" at the end of the national anthem.
- Freshman kick returner Shontrelle Johnson is getting it done for the Cyclones, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Jimmy Johnson on Survivor? Yep, that starts tonight. Mel Bracht of The Oklahoman talks to the former coach.
- John Helsley of The Oklahoman looks at the intersection of Tulsa and Oklahoma State's programs.
- Kansas State's defense has shifted to a less aggressive, bend-but-don't-break strategy, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Missouri tight end Michael Egnew was one of eight adopted children, and has found another new home as one of the Tigers' top targets, writes Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star.
- The Baylor-TCU rivalry is surrounded by all kinds of what-ifs, most importantly, what if TCU had gotten the invite to the Big 12 instead of Baylor, writes Jeff Caplan of ESPNDallas.com.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal has the story behind Texas Tech's all-white uniforms.
- Kansas State's defense wants to prove last week's second half was out of the ordinary, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Kansas quarterback Jordan Webb has his hometown shifting its allegiance, writes J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State