Lunch links: Big 12 QB turns 27
October, 14, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
I like rising and firing as much as the next guy, and the same goes for doing things "AT THE BUZZER!," but that doesn't mean I'll wear a shirt to remind people of it.
- Kansas State has more at stake in tonight's game against Kansas, writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Kansas coach Turner Gill is still learning what this whole Sunflower Showdown is all about, writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal, who also had me back on their podcast to talk K-State/Kansas, Nebraska and surprises in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma State is having to explore some other options at receiver because of injuries, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- DeMarco Murray is on the verge of breaking a 41-year-old Oklahoma record.
- Iowa State cornerback Ter'ran Benton is returning to Norman, Okla., for the first time since being hospitalized there after a car crash in November.
- This is more than just one game. The Big 12's pride is on the line when Texas plays Nebraska, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- The reason behind Missouri defensive tackle Terrell Resonno's success? It's all in the visor, writes Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune.
- Texas Tech is losing some depth at defensive end. After suspending Scott Smith for the season last week, freshman end Aundrey Barr is out for the season with a knee injury.
- Baylor's blog has a few things about this week's game you won't find in the game notes.
- Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon has a special relationship with a young leukemia-stricken girl, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. And here's a happy birthday to his quarterback, Brandon Weeden, who turns 27 today.
- Colorado defensive end Marquez Herrod has been nominated for a courage award.
- Elsewhere in Boulder, the Buffs are prepared to trot out a starting kicker on Saturday who has never played in a college football game, writes the Daily Camera's Kyle Ringo.
- Look for the Longhorns to throw the ball against Nebraska, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.