McShay predicts Big 12 dominance at top of 2010 NFL draft
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
The Big 12 just produced record-breaking numbers in terms of No. 1 picks with seven in Saturday's first round.
But Scouts Inc. analyst Todd McShay said those numbers won't be anything like he's expecting in 2010.
McShay released his first projections Thursday, and the numbers are the kind that probably brought a lot of smiles around the office of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe.
McShay predicts an incredible nine Big 12 selections among the first 10 picks in the draft.
Here's a look at his projected early list.
1. St. Louis Rams: Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
2. Cleveland Browns: Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh
3. Detroit Lions: Oklahoma State T Russell Okung
4. Oakland Raiders: Oklahoma T Trent Williams
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham
6. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): Texas QB Colt McCoy
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy
8. San Francisco 49ers: USC S Taylor Mays
9. Green Bay Packers: Texas T Adam Ulatoski
10. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina): Texas OLB Sergio Kindle
There are some other surprises in McShay's other projections.
But it looks like it could be a banner season for draft prospects across the Big 12.