Big 12 links: Holder wants yearly OSU presence in Dallas
May, 14, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are some of the best of today's Big 12 stories.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel writes that Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder isn't happy about being the only Big 12 South team without an annual game in the Dallas area.
- Tulsa World columnist Dave Sittler breaks down the awards opportunities for several key Oklahoma and Oklahoma State players.
- Boulder Daily Camera columnist Neill Woelk writes that Colorado officials mishandled a recent decision to move a group of fans from their favorite parking area after they were required to buy seasons tickets and make donations to the school.
- Cedar Rapids Gazette beat writer Eric Peterson catches up with Ben Bruns on Iowa State's $10 million renovation project on the east side of Jack Trice Stadium.
- Linebacker Matt Ritchey, from Big Spring, Texas, committed to Baylor, the Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner reports.
- Bo Pelini and Nebraska basketball coach Doc Sadler spent some time the last several days playing the Augusta National Golf Course, Steve Sipple reports. The Nebraska coaching duo played 18 holes on Sunday and Tuesday and 27 holes on Monday.
- The Associated Press reports that former Nebraska safety Mike Minter is considering a run for the 8th Congressional district that encompasses suburban Charlotte, N.C.
- The Austin American-Statesman's John Maher writes that the owners of a vintage Texas uniform once belonging to Len Barrell have chosen to relist the historic artifact on eBay, despite a high bid that reached $14,900.